The devotion to the Sacred Heart began around 1672 when Jesus appeared to Saint Margaret Mary Alacoque in France.
During these apparations, He explained to her the devotion to His Sacred Heart. He asked to be honored in the symbol of His Heart of flesh and for acts of reparation, for frequent communion, communion on the First Friday of the month, and the keeping of the Holy Hour.
“The devotion to the Sacred Heart is twofold; one, it adored the infinite and self-giving love of Jesus, and two, this adoration was given to Jesus’ heart in reparation for the disdain, rejection, and coldness His loving heart endured from others.”
There are 12 promises thet Jesus gave us through St. Margaret Mary, for those who keep a devotion to the attribute “of His infinite love for mankind as represented in His Most Sacred Heart:
- I will give them all the graces necessary in their state of life
- I will establish peace in their homes
- I will comfort them in all their afflictions
- I will be their secure refuge during life and in death
- I will bestow abundant blessings upon all their undertakings
- Sinners will find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy
- Lukewarm souls shall become fervent
- Fervent souls shall quickly mount to high perfection
- I will bless every place in which an image of my Heart is exposed and honored
- I will give priests the gift of touching the most hardened hearts
- Those who promote this devotion shall have their names written in my Heart
- I promise you in the excessive mercy of my Heart that my all-powerful love will grant to all those who receive Holy Communion on the First Fridays in nine consecutive months the grace of final perseverance; they shall not die in my disgrace, nor without receiving their sacraments. My divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.”
- Available in 14k Gold Filled, Rose Gold Filled, or Sterling Silver
- 13mm Disc
- Each disc is hand stamped, so every necklace is unique
- Stella & Tide Original - our Sacred Heart stamps was custom designed in-house and can only be found in pieces on our website
- Model is wearing a 16" necklace
- Handmade with love in the USA
- For updated production times, please see our FAQ page
I was looking for a unique necklace to represent my faith and came across this! The artwork is beautifully drawn on the metal and the craftsmanship is superb! I just had it blessed by my priest this weekend! Love it!
This little disc is perfect. I have been looking for a sacred heart necklace for a while. I like this one because it is simple and delicate. I would say though, the clasp gives me trouble. I would like to see this with a lobster claw clasp, which I find easier to manipulate. Overall, very lovely necklace! Thank you for all the help you provided me also when trying to access the new purchase code :)
I love this dainty, beautiful chain. Got it just in time for Mothers Day!
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, Make my heart like unto Thine! 🙏🏼
Amazing quality. Gorgeous. Have been wearing it everyday since it arrived. Sturdy chain. Survives sports bras being put on and taken off :))
The necklace is gorgeous. I never want to take it off. I got it in sterling silver 18 in. I love that its attached to a link so the clasp doesn't slide down like other necklaces. I can't wait for trust or carry on bar necklace to restock so I can layer them together. And the packaging is cute too!